All Tribes Christian Camp (Algoma) Inc.
Executive Director Job Description
For over 50 years All Tribes Christian Camp (Algoma) Inc. has been providing camps, retreats and events for children, youth and adults at our beautiful 100 acre campus on St. Joseph Island in Northern Ontario.
Mission: All Tribes Christian Camp is dedicated to introducing children, young people and adults to the good news of Jesus Christ and instilling a deeper and greater passion for God.
Vision: All Tribes’ vision is to serve local churches and families through Bible teaching and practical discipleship given during camps, retreats and events. Our goal is to make disciples who will go and reach “all the tribes” and peoples of the world.
All Tribes Christian Camp is looking for a dedicated individual who loves Jesus to serve as full- time Executive Director. The successful candidate would be responsible for managing and coordinating the entire camp operations, including planning and oversight of programs, staff and promotion of the camp ministry, while upholding All Tribes' mission, vision and statement of faith outlined at www.alltribes.org. This is a paid position reporting to the Camp’s Board of Directors.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Board, lead the continuing growth of the overall vision and direction of the camp ministry
- Develop and carry out programs, activities and fundraising, subject to Board approval, to meet the goals of the camp while ensuring faithfulness to the camp’s mission and values
- Operate all camp programming within Board approved operating and capital budgets to ensure good stewardship of camp resources
- Carry out a system for recruiting, motivating and engaging campers and staff (i.e. through brochures, social media, church presentations, etc.)
- Prepare and conduct pre-camp and on the job staff and volunteer training
- Supervise all programs, activities, staff, volunteers and campers
- Develop and supervise routines, schedules and procedures for camp operations
- Order or supervise the ordering and provision of food, supplies and equipment, subject to the camp spending policy
- Maintain records and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff and facilities and report to the Board on the results of each camping season including recommendations for the following season
- Develop, implement and evaluate an effective marketing strategy for promotion of the camp’s programs to maximize capacity and ministry opportunities
- Oversee and ensure camp compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements and ensure that a safe environment is maintained for all campers, guests and staff
- Define and monitor crisis management plan, including emergency procedures
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local churches and pastors
- Foster a cooperative, collaborative and cohesive team environment among the camp family
- Develop, implement and uphold all camp policies
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Board
Education and Skills/Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in camp administration or related degree preferred or prior experience in field
- High-integrity, committed follower of Christ demonstrated through active church membership, with a heart for ministry and a passion for helping others grow in their walk with the Lord
- A person who is excellent at vision-casting in a manner that inspires others to join with us while developing solid relationships.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out camp programs, supervise staff and campers and oversee the camp management team
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to exercise judgment and make sound decisions in performing job duties
- Excellent leadership, management, marketing, technology and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral, written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking abilities
- Willingness and ability to raise funds from individuals and organizations to support the camp ministry
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within the region when necessary
- Existing knowledge and strong network relationships with area churches is an asset
- Experience in facility development and construction skills is an asset
- Great team player!
How to Apply
This position has now been filled! Meet our new Director.
Please email resume, cover letter and three references (employment, personal and spiritual) expressing interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2017. All applications will be acknowledged, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position or the hiring process, please feel free to direct these questions by e-mail to email@example.com.